• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Xmas Meeting & Quiz

Started by Mike, Dec 18, 2008, 14:13:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

Don't forget it is the Chrsitmas Meeting & Quiz tonight.

Bring along something to nibble and something to drink.

I have the Calendars ready to issue out to those that have paid so far and to sell to anyone else that wants one. They would make nice Xmas presents for friends and family.

Hopefully I will see you there :)
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Rocket Pooch

Oh I forgot it was a meeting!

Carole

Good Quiz, thanks Jeff and Miriam.  Lovely calendars.

Happy Christmas every-one

Carole

Fay

I agree, great quiz, good laugh.

Happy Christmas everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Rocket Pooch

I thought it was very good, but Tony has to be on our team next year!

Mike

Tony needs to be banned!!! Whatever team he is on always wins!
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Carole

To be fair, though I have had Tony on my team before and he does let the team try to answer the questions first and only puts in answers when the team is stuck and in our case he only actually answered about 2 questions we couldn't answer.  It was reassuring however for him to tell us when we we had the right answers though.

Perhaps Tony should set the Quiz next time and that will solve the problem.

Carole

Jim

Yes, Tony has already agreed to do the quiz next year so we had better all start revising!

doug

A most enjoyable evening and an excellent quiz.  Thanks to all for a good time and especially those who gave up their time to prepare all the tables of food and drink.  We are looking forward to the next one. A very Happy Christmas to one and all and thank you again.  Rose and Doug.   :D
Always look on the bright side of life ...

Delphine

A very enjoyable evening and Quiz - many thanks to all the organisers.

I wish everyone a Happy Christmas and clear dark skies for 2009 :D

Ian

well I enjoyed it. Thanks Jeff and Miriam for taking the time to write the Quiz. It made me realise that star catalogues are more extensive than the alignment catalogue on my mount ;)

I was disappointed no one ate the big juicy beetle that was on the buffet...

mickw

Doh !    If Tony's doing the quiz I'd better try and learn something  :(

Great evening and quiz thanks for the efforts of the organisers, "quizmaster" and those that did the food prep.

Merry Christmas everyone  :)
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Rocket Pooch

Quote from: Carolepope on Dec 19, 2008, 23:13:52
To be fair, though I have had Tony on my team before and he does let the team try to answer the questions first and only puts in answers when the team is stuck and in our case he only actually answered about 2 questions we couldn't answer.  It was reassuring however for him to tell us when we we had the right answers though.

well thats a daft comment ?

Carole

Why?

Every-one is talking as though Tony provides all the answers. 

I was also trying to make the point about last year when every-one was making sarcy comments about my team winning that it wasn't just because tony was on our team.

I can always rely on you for a good put-down Chris.

Carole

Rocket Pooch

Oops not a put down I thought it was funny thats all.