• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

The BazzaMount

Started by A.S.I.G.N_Baz, Dec 17, 2008, 07:11:47

Previous topic - Next topic

A.S.I.G.N_Baz

Hi all. I have spent some time on a CNC mill with an machinist friend. We got our heads together and came up with this, "The Bazzamount", to mount my ED80 on top of the coming new scope.

With this, I can lock my main imaging scope onto a dim and lonely target, then fine-tune the guide-scope onto any star I like around it.

Milled from solid aluminium, then anodised and engraved by the same mill. It is very smooth, with adjustments that are very wide but also fine.

I thought I would share, I don't care if anyone else makes one for themselves, as long as it is not for commercial reasons. (Just credit my name to it) ;) . Hopefully it will give another amateur astrophotographer more options. If anyone wants measurements, I am drafting up a post-production drawing from all my chicken scratch designs. I can send it as a GIF or JPG if required.

Cheers,

Baz.

Mike

Looks like a hefty piece of kit Baz. Why don't you produce them for sale?
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

A.S.I.G.N_Baz

Hi Mike,

I can't because it took around 25 hours to design and build on a big favor as a guest on a borrowed mill. The thing would be prohibitively expensive to make more of unless there was a big set-up for it. I don't want money made of my design, just want to help others out.

A.S.I.G.N_Baz

Ok, new web page uploaded. Heres all the details of operation. Should be enough for most people to build something useable. If not, it should at least provide ideas and options.

I hope it helps someone.

http://www.asignobservatory.com/adjustable_guide_scope_mount.aspx

Cheers,

Baz.