• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Moon/DMK/6"

Started by Fay, Dec 08, 2008, 19:49:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Fay

It was a change to remember how to take video, sort out how to change the codec for Registax etc etc.

The last one is more blurred as I used x2 barlow.

I was thick frost, but I had so many clothes on I did not notice it. Sky had quite a lot of high cloud.

Fay
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Mac

very nice images,
were these stacked from the avi's?

Fay

Thankyou Mac. Yes, they were done in Registax. Around 500 individual frames each image.

RobertM

A very good Copernicus Fay, with the Carpathian mountains in the background in the top image.  The other two large craters in that image are Reinhold and Landsberg.  I especially like the way the ray features have come out in the middle image.

For an idea of scaling Copernicus is 97km in diameter which gives just under 1/2km per pixel in the last image.

Mike

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Ian

you know what, I'd forgotten what a good target the moon is.

You've got some good images there Fay.

MarkS

Fay,

They're brilliant!  I just love that area of the moon.  I was looking at it through the scope last night and now you've got me wishing I had reached for the webcam!  You've caught it really nicely.

And well done for working out how to translate from one Codec to another.  Did you use VirtualDub?  That program is a real lifesaver.

Mark

Fay

Oh thankyou for your comments, at least I know the crater names now!

Yes I used Virtualdub. I had used it in the past, but it took me a while to sort it out. There is a lot to remember when you have not done this sort of imaging for a long time. I should have used Y800 not unspecified as the codec.

It was better than packing up & going in with nothing. I was so engrossed in capturing etc, that I did not realise I had turned into a snowman!!!!

JohnP

Very nice Fay & very smooth.... You should use the 6inch scope more.....     

Rocket Pooch

Quote from: Fay on Dec 09, 2008, 08:17:20
Yes I used Virtualdub. I should have used Y800 not unspecified as the codec.

Nice images and I would bet 2 years ago you would have never come out with that dribble :-) how time flies and how much you have leaned...