• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Deep Sky Camp Dates for 2009

Started by Mike, Nov 27, 2008, 06:27:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

The dates for the 2009 Deep Sky Camps are :-

Fri 20th to Mon 23rd February
    Fri 22nd to Mon 25th May
    Fri 21st to Mon 24th August
    Fri 13th to Mon 16th November

Get your hols booked now :)
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Mike

One month to the day till the first DSC of 2009 !!!
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

JohnP

'telescopes crossed' the weather is better than the last one... :-) (not that I went to it....)

Mike

Well let's be honest it would be hard pressed to be any worse !  :o

Ian

nah, it's only bad when I can't get my car into the field...

Mike

Mac

Is it going to be at the swamp? in Feb?
or have we managed to get the other site sorted yet?

Fingers crossed for either No-rain or at least -5, that way we can drive over the frozen field. :cheesy:

mickw

If it's chucking down, I could get there early so nobody else can get in  :lol:
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Mike

The weather forecast for SAturday isn't looking too bad at the moment. No mention of rain yet for the weekend.

Ian

I've taken a look on meteoblue and while it's not looking too shabby for camping, I don't think we'll be doing much observing :(

Tony G

Looks like some experiments then.  :twisted:

Tony G :angel:
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Mike

Yep. conditions should be good for solar balloons (cold weather is best for hot air balloons), plus any weather is good for fireworks, air rifles, etc.

Whitters

Can't remember can we get 'leccy at the site?

Mac

QuoteCan't remember can we get 'leccy at the site?

only if you bring your own,

i'll bring mind down, but im only there for the saturday.
Probably be leaving around 10pm.

MarkS

Quote from: Mike
Yep. conditions should be good for solar balloons (cold weather is best for hot air balloons)  ...

Oh, I see. 
I thought "solar" meant "dependent on sunlight" not "freezing cold"!