• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

10 minute sub at 2 meters

Started by Rocket Pooch, Oct 12, 2008, 23:41:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocket Pooch

Star
BSC 45 Eps Cas
Visual Magnitude: 3.38

Daniel

wow, that's some seriously tidy guiding, wish i could get my SCT to guide that well on the CGE but it's way overloaded :(

What's that flying through the shot?

Rocket Pooch

JohnP

Not bad I suppose..... :-( Stars not quite perfectly round but for a single sub - wow!... What were the stats in AstroArt...?

Is that a black hole I can see on the left....?

John

Rocket Pooch

Hi,

Yes back to the realms of dust doughnuts due to low s/n,

the stats in AA guided with the 400mm scope we're 0.080 DEC and 0.010 RA pixels, FWHM 2.2 ADV best, so not good seeing, not worried about the stars being .057 not as good as the .0133 I get with the ED80, but the focal length is obviously why.

Hey I used the CLS filter and in my well illuminated garden with the moon and some cloud the sky reading was 32k ADU!!!!!!!  Cool eh, bring on the 132ADU from France :-)

Anyway, just wanted to ensure it worked ok, will not go for it at 2 meters, I will use the AP67CCD to get 1,340mm @ F6.7 this should be about ok for the winter targets, and the elongation should go to .038 approx.

Chris

RobertM

It might be guiding or drift causing elongation but as you say it will be better with the reducer.  Should work out quite a nice image scale and FOV with the 8" and the 314 as I found the reduced 9.25 and H9 just a tad too narrow for some targets.

Just wondering why you're getting elongation in one direction only.  Does that line up with either the RA or DEC axis ?

MarkS

Chris,

Showing my ignorance here - what's ADV?

Mark

Rocket Pooch

Average I think, I think the drift is flexture, its going to be one way due to gravity!!!