• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Rosette Nebula 16x300s ISO 800

Started by Daniel, Oct 11, 2008, 15:22:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel

Hi All, Last night was indeed a damn good night which was suprising considering the slightly whispy cloud all around.
Anyway, Got this and a few others last night will post the rest later once I've cleaned them up (this one had some dust particles that needed getting rid of)

There's a little bit of either coma or field rotation on this admitedly, I think it's probably coma as the subs all stacked directly on top of eachother rather than having to be slowly rotated.

Last night was pretty cold and just for once I didn't have to fight with the noise so much whilst pulling out the detail and amazingly for once this looks just as smooth at full res than it does at this resolution.

As always, this was imaged on the 120ED, guided with the 80ED and the camera was a modified 40D, oh and I used a 0.63 focal reducer for this too.

JohnP

That's fantastic daniel - you must have been up late.....great shot - John

RobertM

Daniel, that's a stunning shot - well done  !

What were the capture details ?

Fay

Fantastic Daniel. What time did it come up? I want to do this one again
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Daniel

Thanks everyone, capture details are 16x300s at ISO 800 and I think I started capturing these at about 4:30AM the last 4 or so subs actually had sunlight creeping in, but I think I got away with it.

Rocket Pooch

MarkS

Daniel,

That is excellent.  Under better conditions I'm sure it would be better still.  4am - you must be mad.  I'm going to wait untilk it comes round at a sensible time.

Well done!

Mark

Daniel

Just done a re-process on this, realised my gamma on my laptop was all over the place, so was coming out very milky on other monitors.

Anyway, this is a lot better (well I think so now i've checked it on other monitors anyway) I'll need to do a re-process of the M45 and my girlfriend's NGC1499 aswell.

Daniel
:O)

Mac

Very nice, I like the second of the two

Mac.

Fay

Great, Daniel, must have a go myself with the Canon
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!