• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

IC1805 Heart Nebula

Started by Fay, Oct 09, 2008, 11:44:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Fay

19x300secs Ha, 081008, Atil 3147L/ WO ZS66, 0.8 FR. Guided with K3CCD.
The colour is a bit green, but considering the conditions, I was quite pleased with it. 

It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

RobertM

Lovely image Fay, you did well considering.  You're probably a bit shocked with this after those idyllic conditions last week !

You are right about the green - could do with a slightly better white balance.  Is this an HaRGB if so what were the RGB subs ?

Cheers Robert

Fay

How do I change the white balance in Photoshop Robert? 

RGB subs were 5x300secs each colour   

Daniel

Ooooh, lovely, one of my fave's, although Im still to get the ideal framing for this one, only way I can is with the 80ED and a 0.63 focal reducer

RobertM

I've never done it in PS but it may be just a matter of adjusting each colour till it looks right.  In maxim you can either click on a star to choose that as the white point or adjust the % of each colour in the mix.

I will find out tonight as I have to do it myself !  If noone chips in before then I'll let you know.  btw have you checked that book I gave you on CD ?

Fay

Oh I will have a look at that.

I must get on with my chores now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JohnP

Fay - that's not too bad.. like Robert said a tad green... You could always try a remove halo's in astronomy tools. Also looks an 'itsy tichie bit' soft - probably down to seeing or did you do a blur of some kind to reduce noise. Probably just me being 'hyper' critical after the stunners you posted from last week.... :-)

Anyway - excellent & looks like you got your mount all up & running again after France...

Well done, John

MarkS

Fay,

It certainly is heart shaped.  It's sharper than I imagined given the terrible conditions last night.

Mark

Rocket Pooch

good one Fay when did you do that, was it when Jim drunk the whole bottle of whisky and half a bottle of wine?

Fay

No. I did it 2 nights ago

Fay

Chris,

how can I get the green out of the image?

Mike, why was Kielder not so good?

RobertM

Sorry Fay I didn't get the right results with my processing last night so I can't advise but you could try Rob Gendler's site.  His images always seem a bit overpowering but you might find some useful information.

Mac

Quotehow can I get the green out of the image?

Fay if you click on new adjustment layer and then click on the white eyedrop picker
Whichever colour you next pick will become white!
The same for the black and the grey.

So if you select your green/white stars, the colours will be adjusted so the stars will become white.

you might have to tweek the others a bit,

Its a quick way to remove colour casts.

Tony G

Lovely image Fay,

If this is an image you got from Chislehurst 2 nights ago, I can't wait to see your 'Les Granges' calendar.  :)

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Fay

Just had a go, Mac, & it did not work. It is the edges of the stars that have a green tinge, as has the whole image.

I have redone it about 5 times, until I am sick of looking at it. I may just use the mono image, although RGB gives a bit of depth.