• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Chompa Chompa Chompa ... well ok NGC281

Started by RobertM, Aug 29, 2008, 19:10:31

Previous topic - Next topic

RobertM

Thanks for the comments but I still have some way to go till I'm happy with this one.

Yes, I did actually guide the 10 minute subs as I've now got a guide scope to go with that 16IC :) though I'm not sure it made that much difference.  FWHM was about the same in both cases though I got the focusing closer with the OIII.  Going to try a new focusing mask next time and see if that improves things.

If I can resist the urge to go for another target I'll try and get a few more hours signal - OIII is not very strong so needs a lot of subs and the Ha needs a lot more to bring out the faint detail.

JohnP

Sorry Mark.... I misunderstood your "quotes".... John

JohnP

QuoteI did actually guide the 10 minute subs

Wrong again ... :-( think I'll shut up........

John

Fay

Very nice Robert. What does a pacman look like?
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Rocket Pooch

Fay do you not know what one is!!!!!  Well what can I say, honest, what you like, crikey, blimey etc.. 

Rob, nice image.

Fay

Ok I have just had a look & now know what it is.

I am sure that a similar motif used to be on clothing tags...........a while ago. I remember they were on my vests!!!!
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

RobertM

Looks like it's going to be the Canon for a while as the H9 has packed up.  Having some trouble with the USB hub so restarted it using the power lead now all I get is diagonal lines.  I'll try reflashing the bios if I can find the procedure anywhere as this was a previous fault otherwise it's off to SX again :(

Rocket Pooch

RobertM

Yep, my thoughts exactly depending on the price.

RobertM

SXV-H9 now fixed thanks to Terry at SX...

Rocket Pooch

That's good news, then you and I will both have to fight over one of those KAF cameras when they come out.

After I get another mount :-)

JohnP

QuoteAfter I get another mount

Surely you mean after you get the one that's damaged repaired.....? Or are you talking about another acquisition...?

John

Rocket Pooch

Well, the EQ6 will be going this year and it will need a replacement.

But what will it be?

JohnP

U still got your name on that waiting list??????

RobertM

G41 I reckon, I thought Ian King had one of those but sold it.  The AP900's are pricey but if you did get one you'd wish you had paid a few quid more for an AP1200.  The next step up is a relatively expensive one unless you can pickup something good second hand.