• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

CD of the website

Started by Rick, Aug 24, 2003, 20:09:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick

I figured I'd do some experimentation in advance, and prepare a CD image o experiment with. So here is the first problem:

* When it's served via the website, a link that ends in a "/" automatically selects the "index.html" file from that directory. On the CD image this substitution doesn't happen.

Is that a browser setting that can be changed, or do I need to do something to the directory to force it to auto-load "index.html"?

Rick

The easy way seems to be to go through the website and make sure all the internal links are to actual files rather than directories....

Easy... but tedious.... :/

Rick

The main site has been updated.

* New news stories
* Updated information on the special events page, including some times I guessed at!
* Changes for all the internal links I could find to point at the index files rather than just the directory.

Please check things. This is the version I expect to burn to CD.

Whitters

Rick I will be bringing a machine allong that is running a webserver, If it still works once I have blown the cobwebs off that is.
So if you have one from the site root that could work.

Rick

I tested a version of the CD (on a CD-RW) at work, and it seems fine. I'll burn a CD-R tomorrow evening, so there's another 24 hours or so to get gallery submissions to me. :wink: