• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

OAS at Bromley Library for National Astronomy Week

Started by Whitters, Aug 24, 2003, 07:32:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Whitters

A big thank you to all who helped set up the fantastic display at Bromley Library.
I would encourage every one to pop allong and see the display.

Rick

Ack! I thought that was happening tomorrow! Dunno why.... Sorry I wasn't there.

Got any reminders for other things that should be happening this week?

Rick

...and in particular, where and when is the CD of the society website required. Please note I'll need at least an evening to get this ready, as I want to stitch a few links so that the archive and main site link seamlessly on the CD, which will mean preparing a copy of the site with fudged links.

Mike

Rick - If you are going to be present on the day then we would like you to get it as late as is possible so it is as up-to-date as you can get it.

Cheers.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Rick

Ok, but what does "on the day" mean?

* all day Thursday?
* Thursday evening?
* Saturday?
* some other day?

What system(s) will it neet to be viewable on?

I can test a version on Win2K at work on Tuesday, but if it needs to work on Mac then I'll want to get a copy to someone sooner than the last minute so that there's a chance to fix any problems and re-burn it....

Mike

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Rick

Cheers. Are the times on the special events page correct?

Mike

Yes - I think the bit about the library set-up should be changed to show it is on all week though. Looks like it's just a Saturday thing.

Rick

Greg

Thanks to Paul, Mike and Jeff for all their hard work - great display. Eros is really good.

Mike

...and thanks for your input also Greg. The bits you did on the OAS were great.

Mike

I'd just like to thank everyone that was involved in the OAS NAW day at Bromley Library on Saturday and also at the High Elms Nature Centre later that night. Thanks to everyone that helped. It was a highly successful day, especially the displays at the library and the observing session at High Elms (Which is a nice site by the way - why don't we use it more often ?).

I think we may have acquired a new member or two after it all.

Thanks again to everyone, especially Paul, Jeff, Greg, Rick, Shaun, Ian and Jim who did a lot of hard work on the day.

Greg

I would like to also thank everyone involved. How long did you stay on the site until?

Rick

A bit past midnight, by which time the dew was coming down fast.

Mike

Yup, it was bloody freezing. Extra thanks to Rick for staying late to lock up.