• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Imaging Workshop - 22nd November

Started by Mike, Aug 07, 2008, 11:30:25

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Fay

It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Mike

Great. Mark and Robert what about you?

Chris, Paul, Ian and John, are you able to contribute?
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

RobertM

Yes the 17th is a probability, can't make it a definite though.

MarkS

Mike

OK lets make it Monday 17th at 8pm at my house.

Fay

Mike

JohnP

Mike I can't make Monday but I can still do a 15min slot on the Sat if you want... I'll leave you to pick a topic for me... You know the stuff I do.. Webcam, modified Webcam, dedicated Astro Cam (on a budget)... etc... Let me know if you want me to suggest a few titles or if not send me a few after Mon & I'll pick one... Just make sure I have a few days to put something together...

John

Mike

John. Thanks for the offer. We will decide what you can talk about on Monday and let you know straight away if that's OK with you?

JohnP

Mike

For those of you that are coming on Saturday, and I recommend that you do as it will be a fun day the speakers will be :-

1. Fay - Overview of Astrophotography from the perspective of someone new to the hobby. Pitfalls, etc.
2. Mike - Whirlwind tour of setting up and the kit used.
3. John - Planetary iamging using webcams.
4. Mark - Imaging using DSLR's
5. Robert - Imaging using Cooled CCD's and Ha processing overview.

There will be drinks and nibbles provided and breaks in between John and Mark (with short comfort breaks in between all speakers). We have 3 hours to pack this all in. Practical demonstrations will be given to those that require it.

After 6pm, weather permitting (and the forecast for Saturday is looking promising), we will all go outside or up to the top field to do some astrophotography for real.

it should be a good and informative day for anyone interested in astrophotography. Even if you have no intention of ever doing it, but are curios as to what is invovled and how it is done then come along and enjoy the day. The content is aimed at novice to intermediate levels.

Hopefully I will see you there.

Carole

Should be bring our own equipment if we have it?

Also, I believe the afternoon starts at 3pm High Elms am I right?

Carole

Mike

Yes it starts at 3pm.

As for bringing your kit, that is entirely up to you!

Fay

Mike, will the barrier be up, from the side carpark, to enable parking outside the centre, for getting equipment out?

Or will the entrance, on the main road, be open?