• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Imaging Workshop - 22nd November

Started by Mike, Aug 07, 2008, 11:30:25

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

I will be getting down there for about 2.30 and i believe Jimn is also. We both have gate keys so you can drive right in and park up at the centre.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Mac

I would just like to say thank you to everyone, for all their time and effort.

Mac.

Carole

A most informative afternoon.  Many thanks to those who gave up their time to share their knowledge with others and many thanks to Mike for his organisation.

I am gradually piecing it all together so that when I am ready to progress further I have a good understanding of what is what and what I need.

Carole

Mike

Glad you found it of use. Thanks to all the speakers.

Mark and I have just left the field where we were till about 11:20. It was -1 when I left.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

MarkS

For those who didn't stay in the field afterwards - this is what you missed:

20 x 5min, modified Canon EOS 350D on Celestron C11 with F6.3 focal reducer and CLS filter.  Image scaled down by factor of 3 and slightly cropped.

It's M33 of course.  It's just a quick preview - I need to do some further work on the image, for instance a bluish left to right gradient.

Mark

Rocket Pooch

very good i would not complain.

Fay

Mark, I am really jealous!!!!!!!!!! Fantastic. So good with the Canon, as good as with a dedicated ccd.

I really enjoyed yesterday, although, yet to hear all of Robert's presentation. Perhaps he can do it at the next members evening.
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Tony G

Thanks to all the speakers yesterday.
Still finding that there are basic things to get better images, and I'm starting to understand a bit more on what is required to process an image.
Sorry I missed your bit Fay, I was looking forward to that, but the rest were very informative.

Thanks Mike for setting this up, and hopefully we could have something similar in the future.

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Fay

Mike

I don't want to talk about it. Leave me alone :(

JohnP

Great Image Mark - Lots of lovely Ha regions showing & great image scale.... Definitely worth staying late... I was drinking wine & watching DVD - I was thinking of you both.. I almost set up myself about 11'ish but it was just too cold.... :-(

Mike - did you get anything....?

John

PS - Thks to all the other speakers yesterday & to Mike for organizing it & Cris for the tea & coffee etc... it was a pleasant afternoon...

MarkS

I've reprocessed M33 to remove the background gradient and to apply some mild Gaussian deconvolution to sharpen the image.

On the gallery here:
http://gallery.orpington-astronomy.org.uk/displayimage-683.html

Image here:
http://gallery.orpington-astronomy.org.uk/albums/userpics/10046/m33_221108.jpg

Details as before:  20 x 5min, modified Canon EOS 350D on Celestron C11 with F6.3 focal reducer and CLS & IR filters.  Ambient temperature 1C.  Image scaled down by factor of 3 and slightly cropped.

The Thing

Lovely image Mark,

It was too damn chilly for me on that field,I would have hung around if I was dressed for it. I went home,put on my thermals and set up my scope. Got some nice views of the Little Dumbell and M31, 35, 36, 37, 38, 42, 44, and 45.

Fay

Come on Mike, get a grip, & tell us what happened. We need details!

RobertM

Thanks to Fay, Mike, John and Mark for their interesting talks.

That's not too shabby an image from an uncooled camera Mark, I'd be more than happy with that excellent result anytime.  Well done !