• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Eclipse 1 Aug 2008

Started by MarkS, Aug 01, 2008, 11:03:35

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkS

Stepped outside the office and briefly saw the sun at 10:40 with a "bite" missing.  I used eclipse glasses and caught it in a 5 sec chink between clouds.

JohnP

Yep I saw it as well... Handheld the EOS through some Baader film & took a couple of 'white light' shots... nothing exciting but will post later...

John

JohnP

Here you go...

One image shot near Max eclipse (with cloud for effect :-) ). Handheld EOS300D 28mm-105mm zoom lens set to 105mm - Exposure manual 1/4000 sec @f10 ISO 100 - shot through Baader Solar Film...

Cheers,  John

Rick

Caught a couple of brief glimpses, once from the car at about 09:40 BST when the sun was shining through cloud thick enough to allow the solar disc to be seen, and once through my PST at work, through a brief gap in the clouds a bit before 11:00 BST. No photos...

MarkS

Carole

We and the public all got to see it at the public Solar Eclipse event at High Elms, through a variety of scopes, eclipse specs, Jim's adapted binos, and a cardboard box gadget that one of our "quieter members brought along"  (I say quieter as that is how he described himself as I don't remember seeing him before).

The whole event seemed to go very well and the public were enthusiastic.

Carole

Mike

Yeah it went surprisingly well. Weather was great and we must have had about 50 people there at one point.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Rick

What a difference a few miles makes. I was dodging showers down here in Crawley... :-?

Whitters

Managed to get a few shots off between the clouds and showers, see the astrophoto section.
Don't forget in two weeks time there is a partial Luna eclipse too.

Rick