• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Another night more clouds

Started by Rocket Pooch, Jul 06, 2008, 01:52:18

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocket Pooch

Oh well, I beat all set up records tonight and got everything up and running in 8 minutes, including cool down time for the camera, I got 1x5 Minute Ha Broom and then clouds.
&
Just in case you are interested AA guiding worked well again with .12 pixel DEC .08 pixel accuracy during guiding.  That's .8 & .6 arc seconds per pixel.

I grabbed a guide image for you at least, here you are

The guide star I select was one of the centre three at 17,000 ADU.

Here's a resampled down single 5 minute sub, suppose it will be ok when I can get 16x10 minute, on a positive note not many hot pixels and the background ADU was about 450, BIAS was 139.

Can someone else please goto wales for me...

P.S. Yes I know the stars are a little elongated, but I forgot to flip the X axis guide until 1 minute into the sub.

JohnP

Looks really promising if you got that from a single sub.....

I dream of the day I can be set up in 8mins... :-( I want an obssy...!!!

MarkS

Chris,

I agree with John:  given the excellent quality of your single sub, I'm looking forward to your final stacked  image.  And there's not a bright dog nut in sight!

Mark

Rocket Pooch

I'm looking forward to getting 3 hours so I can do the 16 ha, 10 o3 and 4 sii needed, actually i don't think its that dark for that long at the moment.

Next time I'm going to image at F5 with the ED80 to get more of the vail in and also increase the S/N as well, it will help.