• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

NGC6888 Jellyfish/Brain false colour HaO3 & Inverted Ha 75% actual size

Started by Rocket Pooch, Jun 12, 2008, 18:18:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocket Pooch

Hi,

Fay yes with the cooling on the camera will be a lot better, I have already measure the noise and its down by over 50%, this will mean the camera will be more sensitive.  The only issue I have is the hot pixels, I can process them out, but I really did not want to take too many darks, but I've allways done it so I suppose there's no change there.

Mike, the issue with the dizzle etc it that it assumes your image drifts about, normally mine does not with the ED80 and EQ6, the image scale here is probably 3-4 arc sec per pixel and the guiding on the last 8 frames was within 1 pixel of the camera so all the images we're bang on top of each other.  But the Sigma combine does clip the nasty pixels.

Anyway, if I can get a better one I will, but lets see.

John, the camera you have is the best one ATIK have made and they know it, the chip is excellent and the Ha is up in the 68-70% well about even the 314L, my dark noise is not 200 whats yours, I think they are about the same now?  Oh yes and you are right the case gets hot!!!

Anyway, when its clear for a couple of nights I'll get a decent image up to compete with Rob and Mark :-)

Ta

Chris

P.S.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3099/2573531076_f0dab20467_o.jpg

Fay

It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!