• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

M13

Started by MarkS, Jun 11, 2008, 02:09:25

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkS

M13
This is a work in progress - I think I can improve the processing of this.

80min total exposure in 4min subs taken on Tuesday night.
Canon EOS 300D with CLS filter on Celestron C11 at F6.3
Image scaled down by a factor of 2 and cropped

http://gallery.orpington-astronomy.org.uk/albums/userpics/10046/m13_100608.jpg

Mike

Very nice Mark. I was wondering if anyone was going to give one of my photo challenges a go or not.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Fay

Fantastic image, as ever, Mark. Always amazing what the camera can do
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Fay

Mike, I will certainly give M13 a go this month, if weather holds up.

You have introduced a lot of different ideas & spend a lot of time enhancing our enjoyment within the club, that are very welcome. Toast looks good & your imaging sessions always have a good turnout. Wouldn't like you to think your ideas were not appreciated, because they are.

Mike

Thanks Fay. When I first joined the club the only person doign any astrophotography was Paul and I thought that was a shame. So with the help of people like Paul and Jeff set out to get as many people as possible involved in astrophotography with Deep Sky Camps and Imaging Sessions and to show that it is easier than people think (sure it is still a hard hobby with a steep learning curve, but it is still within the grasp of amateurs on modest budgets). The huge number of people doing astrophotography in the club now is hopefully thanks, in part, to all those efforts so far.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Fay

Who's this Paula?

Mike

I have no idea what you are on about  8)

(Spellchecker doesn't work from the PC's at work)

Carole

Saw M13 last night, but I guess that doesn't count.

Are the imaging/?viewing challenges somewhere on the website as I missed the last meeting?

Carole

Carole

Ignore last comment, have found the imaging challenges for June.

Carole

MarkS

Here's the final version - 120min in 4min subs.
Canon EOS 300D with CLS filter on Celestron C11 at F6.3
Image scaled down by a factor of 2 and cropped

Look very carefully and you can just see some slight fuzziness where IC4617 should be.

Fay

Really nicely done, Mark

Fay

The Thing

Very nice Mark, gives me a benchmark to aim for. My last attempt at M13 looked more like bird droppings on a blackboard than your crisp rendition.