• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

M27 test images last night.

Started by JohnP, Jun 10, 2008, 16:14:29

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnP

Last night was a great night - perfectly clear, still & no dew. Wanted to test my new focuser. It works really well & is a worthwhile upgrade to my scope. Focusing is so easy now - I can do it one handed without the scope/ image jumping all over the place - it's great :-)

Anyway, I did an LRGB image of m57 (again) - still processiing this one & so will post later & also a couple of test shots of m27. I wanted to see difference between the CLS & Ha filter. Below are results. The images are only 4X120secs for CLS & 2X300secs for Ha so lots nof noise I'm affraid. I think difference is amazing - there is so much more detail in the Ha - including a hint of the 'ejector jets'..  CLS is top image (in case you couldn't tell.. :-) )

Anyway, need to give this a proper go sometime.

Cheers,  John

Fay

Well, John, they are so good, I would have thought they were longer exposures than that.
They are going to be so good when you have finished!

Fay
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Rocket Pooch

Hi Johnny, very nice, you going to send the LRGB off to get it published again? 

:-)

Why am I allways in Wales when its clear.

RobertM

Great shots John, nice and sharp - that focuser must have made a big difference.

RobertM

QuoteWhy am I allways in Wales when its clear.

And there's me asking myself - why is it always clear when you're in Wales ?

Fay

We will have to get Chris sent away more often!
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

MarkS

Lovely shots John.  It's very interesting to see the difference between the two.