• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Another M57

Started by MarkS, Jun 05, 2008, 20:34:43

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkS

M57 last night. 
72 min total exposure in 4 min subs.  Celestron C11 with F6.3 reducer, Astronomik CLS filter and Canon EOS 300D at ISO 800.  Guided with 300mm telephoto lens with Philips SPC900 webcam stuffed in the back.

The main reason for taking this image (and the planned M27) is to provide a basis for comparison once I've modded my Canon for H-alpha sensitivity.

The image is a straight crop of the original full size image.

RobertM

That looks very good Mark, nice detail.  I also did M57 before the clouds rolled in but could only manage to get a few frames of LRGB.

PS, I like the tiny Krispie Kreem doughnuts...

Rocket Pooch

and when was it clear last night?  guiding seems to be working.

Fay

Did not see any clear, last night, Mark!

Very nice image Mark a good image to compare after your mod.
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

MarkS

Wednesday night - it was mainly clear from 11:00pm onwards ...

As for the "Krispy Creme Doughnuts" - that's a problem in my processing - need to re-process!

RobertM

Mark, It would be interesting to see how you process these images jic I do get a DSLR - any chance of posting a rough guide on what you do. 

Many thanks

JohnP

Mark - that looks nice - it'll be an interesting comparison - when do you expect to do your mod? RU going to document it. There are one or two in the society that are interested in this - I know Fay is & me & I think others. Might even make a good 15min talk at one of the members evenings with before & after pics etc.

John

MarkS

All the suppliers I've spoken to are waiting on Baader for further stock - ETA 1-2 weeks.

I intend to take a pre-modded image of M27 (Dumbbell) then I'll do the mod as soon as the new filter arrives.

Robert - I'm happy to describe my processing.  Happy even to give a talk at an imaging session or members evening.

Mike

Why not do a quick 15-20 minutes at the members meeting this month?
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

MarkS

Mike, I'm happy to give a talk at the members evening.   I'll PM you to clarify a few details first.

Mike

Sure I look forward to it.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan