• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Wesite update - incorporating new ideas for the Gallery

Started by Rick, Jul 23, 2003, 07:43:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick

There'll be new news and special events pages in the morning, and the gallery has recently been reorganised a bit. Please note there's a change to the gallery submission instructions (and Paul has already taken advantage of them to get 5 new images into the gallery).

Has anyone got a report of the Bath and Stonehenge trip they'd be willing to have put on the website? Please?

Rick

...and the meetings report pages have now been updated following last night's meeting.

Ian

Rick

No, not once I get to bed. Just tend to stay up way too late.... :wink:

Rick

Night Sky now updated. Thanks, Greg. :wink:

Could still do with a little more about the Bath and Stonehenge trip though.

Rick

...and there's some new news today, despite the main page still claiming it hasn't been updated since the 30th. (That'll get fixed by tomorrow.)

The reports on the Big Dig and the Starbecue can be found on the Special Events past-events pages.

Mike

Rick,

The section on NAW states that we will be in the field the night of Sat 30th. We will actually be at High Elms.

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Delphine

Hi

May I suggest that you put the start time for the meeting on Thurs 28th with the NAW information as well.  I have had an enquiry -I told them 7.30, hope that is correct.

Delphine

Rick

Ok, I've fixed the venue for the Saturday meeting, and added "7:30pm" as the time for the Thursday one. It would be good to have times for all the events, though, please. Post them here or send them to me by email soon, please.

Rick

Ian's Mars images are now up, and the archive has a page specifically for Mars now.

Whitters

Rick

I've re-named the individual slide pages to have a constant 3-digit number, as that makes them sort easier, at least til we get to 999 images. Slides 070 and 071 went up on the archive today, and they'll be on the main site tomorrow.

Rick

Greg's partial eclipse composite is in the archive now.