• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Astrophotography Challenges for May 2008

Started by Mike, Apr 28, 2008, 22:15:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Mike

By the way, if you haven't already got Adobe Reader installed, then don't! Install this instead - http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/rd_intro.php

Adobe Reader is bloatware, the Foxit Reader is far smaller. (2.5Mb compared to 22Mb)

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

MarkS

I guess M44 in April without Mars doesn't count?

Mike

'fraid not !! Good pic though. I'm impressed that the planetarium image is almost identical.

Mike

This is a reminder that the Astrophotography Challenges for May 2008 can be found here :-

http://www.amateur-astronomy.org/Filez/May%20Photo%20Challenges.pdf

Please post your successful photos in the main Astrophotography Section and not as part of this thread. Thanks.

Mike

Photo Challenge, 2 (the tricky one) is on the same night as the Observing Session, so I will be taking my kit along to see if I can get it that night. There is, if I remember rightly, a pretty good view of the horizon where Mercury will be that night.

Fay

It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

MarkS

Fay,

It was the Canon EOS 300D with a 300mm telephoto at F8 with a CLS filter.

15 subs of 4 minutes.

Mark

Mike

Don't forget that Challenge 3, the Moon and Mars, can be obtained tonight. Forecast is looking OK so far.