• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

G'day from down under!

Started by A.S.I.G.N_Baz, Apr 28, 2008, 09:37:30

Previous topic - Next topic

A.S.I.G.N_Baz

;) G'day blokes and shiela's. Looks like a sweet forum. I run my own observatory in Canberra, Australia. I get into all things astronomy including astrophotography, DIY, instruction for beginners and some volunteer work out at the Canberra Deep Space Communication Complex (Tracking Station). Drop me a hello sometime, ask questions and give me the opportunity to pick your brains as well!

Cheers!

Baz.

JohnP

HiYa Baz,

Welcome to OAS Forum. Looks like you have an informative webpage - I like the DIY section - some interesting projects. Lightboxes are flavour of the month with OAS at the moment so I'm sure people will be taking a look at your ideas. Good to see images from the southern hemisphere as well..

John

RobertM

Hi Baz,

Welcome !

What an amazing coincidence, I recently posted a link to your web site as a reference for some that are building a lightbox (hope you don't mind !).   It's a very interesting site and good to see images of some of the stuff we can only dream about, looks like you're fairly handy with the paintbrush to.

Robert

Tony G

Welcome to OAS Baz,

We tend to do about 3 or 4 DSC a year, in darkest Kent, (Drinking, Sleeping & Camping) ;) but looking at where you are situated it looks like we may have a new venue :D.
Now that we know that you run your own observatory, and work in the Tracking Station, people will keep you well busy on here.
What about so photo's of the land down-under 8)
And may I say welcome again.

Tony G

"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Tony G

Baz,

Have you any links to your site??????

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

A.S.I.G.N_Baz

Thanks John, Robert and Tony,

What a great welcome! Tony, I would be happy to host a DSC down here. I'm game if you are...
The link to my web is in the signature bloke. I will have a look around for some Aussie terrestrial photos, God knows, I've taken enough!

Robert, thanks for the link reference, that's actually how I found this forum. My stats tracker pointed here from your post and when someone clicked on the link you posted. The space paintings were a bit of an experiment when I had the photoshop airbrush program on my old laptop. I used to do a bit of real airbrushing a long time ago but that little hobby has given way to this one.

John, I'll keep going with the astrophotography and give you mob a looky when I do some more.

Thanks again folks, for the warm welcome and I look forward to sharing God's great canvas with you in future!

Baz.

Fay

Baz,

today I am making a lightbox following your plans!!!!!!!!!! What a small world!

Fay
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

A.S.I.G.N_Baz

Quote from: Fay on Apr 28, 2008, 11:33:49
Baz,

today I am making a lightbox following your plans!!!!!!!!!! What a small world!

Fay
Thats great Fay! Can you take a pic when you are done and show us?

Baz.

Fay

It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!