• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Volunteers Urgently needed for next meeting

Started by Jim, Apr 20, 2008, 19:17:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim

Hi All

We need two volunteers who can come early on thursday (before 7pm) to stand at the main gate to High Elms and redirect people as they come to the lower car park.  I can provide a yellow jacket, just bring a  torch.  We'll lock the gate at 8pm.

It's important we do this as otherwise people who have not read the website (probably the majority) will clog up the road as we definately are not allowed to use the centre car park.
Please do help if you can, leave a message here or email me directly

Thanks
Jim

mickw

I can do that.
Will there be direct access from the lower car park to the centre rather than walking back out onto the road ?

Are the yellow jackets bullet proof   :(
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Jim

Thanks Mick

You can walk direct from the lower car park to the centre on a wide path.  It's about 50 yards so should be no problems for most people.  Can you email me a contact number for you, I'll ring you direct to discuss the arrangements

Jim

Mike

I don't usually get home till around 7pm so I can't help i'm afraid.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Mike

Can I just verify - Access to the Lower Car Park is not by the normal gates we use is that right? I believe it is next left and left again? I know we have keys to the normal set of gates but do we have keys for the lower car park gates also? Is it the same key?
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan