• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

"Show unread posts since last visit" not working

Started by Mike, Dec 14, 2007, 19:16:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

I haven't received any emails notifying me of new posts either so that bit doesn't work too.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Ian

actually, I think this might actually be working correctly, but not the way we're thinking it should. It's new posts from your last visit, rather than showing unread posts. I need to read up on how and what it does before I do any more poking around.

No emails either Mike. Hmm, something else to think about...

Mike

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Carole

Hmmm, Now I've read Ian's reply, I think it is my brain not working, rather than the "Show unread posts since last visit".  I was thinking it was just "show unread posts"

Incidentally that would be a useful feature as on the basis of my experience yesterday and not having the time to read them all at one sitting having been away.

Carole

Mike

Quote from: Ian on Jan 04, 2008, 18:59:42.....It's new posts from your last visit,....

That is exactly how I thought it was meant to work. I log on after a day or two and there are lot sfo new posts, that can clearly be seen manually on teh fron tpage, but teh "SHwo unread posts" button produces nothing.

Ian

it does appear to be flaky even once it's understood what it's supposed to do.

By the way, has someone been swapping the key caps around on your keyboard again Mike?

Mike

Carole

I'm not getting "show new posts since last visit" this weekend.  I know the Forum has been quiet over the weekend but I've twice found replies to my posts from Daniel which did not come up as new postings.

Carole

Carole

Show unread posts since last visit is not working again when there are clearly new posts since my last visit.

Any-one else having this problem?

Carole

mickw

We're trying to keep them secret  ;)

No problems this end.
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Rick

mickw

On reflection, I've had it a couple of times, but "refresh" in the browser usually kicks it all back into shape
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Carole

It's worked this evening, but has not worked the last few times I have logged in.

Carole

Carole

Still not working.  Any-one else having a problem?

Very annoying as I have to go into each section separately and sometimes miss things.

Carole

doug

Carole.   On my SLOW ... SLOW .... SLOW .... full up and £%%$*_*(*^% laptop the "Show unread posts.."  line is actually working on the laptop.  I have not, as yet, had any probs with that bit ..... only the operator of the laptop.

Doug.  :cry:
Always look on the bright side of life ...