• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

"Show unread posts since last visit" not working

Started by Mike, Dec 14, 2007, 19:16:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Carole

Show unread posts seems to have stopped working the last couple of days.

Carole

Rick

When you say "not working", do you mean:

• It's not showing any unread posts at all, but I know there are some I've not read.
  • It's showing some unread posts, but is missing others.
  • Something else?[/\i]

Carole

Quote•It's showing some unread posts, but is missing others.

Carole

Rick

I've been trying to spot a pattern, but so far the only time I think I might have caught it not showing all the unread messages has been when I returned to a tab which had been sitting open but unattended for a while.

Carole

I'll see how it goes, seems to be spasmodic.

Carole

Rick

Yeah, which makes it trickier to track down. I suspect it gets an updated last-visited time, and misses all the new posts in a particular time window, but it's hard to reproduce the circumstances...

Carole

Now for instance I just came onto the Forum and it showed me the post about the Weather, are the weather God's joking?.  But it wouldn't show me this post which I found because it was in blue.

Carole

mickw

So you are saying that you can see "new" posts that have the blue "new" tab but not the "recent posts" list at the bottom ?
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Rick

Hmmm... So it missed the older of two posts, which fits my speculation but isn't conclusive...

Carole

No Mick, when I click show unread posts it might list say two, but if I then look down the list of sections there could be several new ones highlighted in blue which I haven't read which haven't come up on the show unread posts list.

Carole

mickw

So there's a "show unread posts" button ?

I can't find it  :-?

Rick

If you un-hide the stuff at the top (click the on the right-hand end of the line that says "Hi Mick") you'll find some links inside. It's one of them. Usually, I leave all that stuff hidden as it uses too much screen space, and look for blue logos instead...

I suppose you could bookmark the relevant link, but it does occasionally seem to miss a post or three...

mickw

Thanks for that Rick - I think you've told me this before  :oops:

Carole

Show unread posts has not been working for quite a few days either on my phone or the PC.

Carole

Mac

Carole you are replying to a 10 year old post. The entry before yours was by Mick, in 2012.

Is it response to that post or a new issue with unread posts?
I've not noticed any issues and ive always used unread posts as a saved link.

Mac.