• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Airguns at DSC

Started by Rocket Pooch, Dec 05, 2007, 13:48:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocket Pooch

Due to the weather forecast shall we have a shooting competition?

Ian

we could do with some sort of proper targets...

Mike

I have my archery targets and the straw board - I'll bring it along if you like.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Ian

would that be ok to put airgun targets on as well?

Tony G

Sorry about that, pushed bambi by mistake! :twisted:
I think we could have a game like the running man, and whoever losses 'I'm a astronomer get me out of here' they can be the contestant and go running around the field, while the competitors that aim. ;)

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Rocket Pooch

Mike & Paul,

Do you feel the need to explain Bambi to Tony?

Chris

P.S. Anyone know of an SMK Air gun dealer, I was trying to buy a SK78G this week and they are difficult to find.

Mike

Quote from: Ian on Dec 05, 2007, 14:42:53would that be ok to put airgun targets on as well?

I don't see why not - I'm not worried about it getting damaged if that's what you mean? I would have thought arrows would do more damage than pellets anyway.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Tony G

OK can someone tell me about bambi, as I feel like I've said something wrong :oops:

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Ian

Didn't Bambi read the questions on University Challenge?

Have you tried Gentry's Guns (or whatever it's called) in Welling/Bexleyheath? Just down from the Sports centre heading towards Shooters Hill?

What's wrong with Weihrauch? Other than not being able to say it...

Mike

Tony.. As you have a fondness for sheep I wouldn't liek to tell you the story of bambi as it might upset you.

Tony G

What about some FOX HUNTING, some people are against it but I think it helps keep the numbers of vermin down in the countryside.
Maybe we can help.

Tony G

Mike

I wonder who voted no (I bet I can guess)

doug

Would someone PLEASE print me out that brilliant picture of the fox shooting, as I don`t yet have a printer on the Christmas list.  I really don`t know how to create that sort of thing and I was in the printing trade for 54 years.  But not computers, though.
Always look on the bright side of life ...

Mike

Doug. I have a nice Lexmark printer you can have if you like, as I bought myself a new all-in-one HP a while back. I will drop it off next week if you want it.

Tony G

With the wonders of computers and tracing the IP address, you could find the culprit, tie them upside down from the Oak tree and get them to hold the target board whilst swinging from side to side. :twisted:

Tony G