• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Red Plexiglass

Started by Mike, Nov 28, 2007, 13:41:25

Previous topic - Next topic

Carole

Who censors this page?

Mike

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Fay

It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Carole

In case you're wondering I'm not a prude I've just not very good at making jokes.

Carole

Carole

If any-one hasn't fixed their plexiglass yet, I've just done mine and it was dead easy. 

I put a piece of the soft side of velcro on the 4 corners of the screen frame as Mike suggested and 4 pieces of the hooked side of the velcro on the corners of the plexiglass , but instead of using glue as Mike suggested I used self adhesive velcro as this could be peeled off at a later date if you didn't want permanent velcro on your laptop. 

This holds very securely and is simple to do and the lip closes OK.

Only problem is I can't see my mousepointer through the screen (in daylight) - lets hope it's visible  in the dark.

Carole

Carole

Whoops (must check my postings before I "post"

and the lip LID closes OK.

Fay

Have my Plexiglass set up on the laptop, works really well! Thanks Mike.

Mac

mines in my car.

Havent had a lot of time at the moment.

Ian

I've put mine in my window at home. It's got a light behind it to remind me that I need to do something with it.

Keep getting strange men call at the door at funny times of the night though...

Fay

Watch your back, Ian!

Tony G

OOOPS!!!!!! :oops: :oops:

I didn't realise that was your house, anyway that dress didn't suit you,the pattern clashed with your lip stick.

DOH!!!!, this isn't helping my longest thread record!!!!

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Ian

Astronomy is an expensive hobby...  :o