• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Library organisation

Started by Ian, Oct 09, 2007, 18:51:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian

I wonder if there's a case for a Society purchase, and put it in the library...

Anyone care to second that view?

Mike

Quote from: Ian on Oct 09, 2007, 18:51:38
I wonder if there's a case for a Society purchase, and put it in the library...

Good idea. We have some cash we made from DSC. We will discuss with the committee at the next meeting.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Ian

I think this should prompt a review of the library, what it's for etc. Got to include Rick in the discussions. He used to be 6'5" before he had to carry those boxes each month.

Please see behind the scenes... if you can't and you think you should, please PM me.

Rocket Pooch

Hi,

I discussed the library breifly with our valiant leader last meeting, personally I think rather than luggin it to every meeting we should create a library web page (I'll help) detailing all the books then the library can exist whereever and people will just need to check the book out at a meeting or arrange to pick it up. 

I feel a little for Rick because its like having the Dob, the library has a big SEP field around it.

Carol, I'm the person who looks like a Dog.

Chris

Ian

SEP fields. Now that's a term I've not heard in a loooong time.

What dob?

Rocket Pooch

I'm ignoring the "What Dob" comment :-)

Rick

Hey, there's this library culling working party I should get back to organising, st find out exactly which books we have and which ones have gone missing...

Anyone fancy spending a cloudy evening round the fire with a pile of old books and a laptop?  ;)

Rocket Pooch

I'll help when I get back from Canada.

Rick

(Extracted from the monster "Digital Photography" thread...)

Mike

I own a garden 'flame thrower' for killing weeds. Will that be of any help?
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Ian

you've been reading Farenheit 451 haven't you?