• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

new meade dsi 3 with same chip as sxv9 for $1100

Started by Rocket Pooch, Oct 02, 2007, 22:54:03

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnP

oh err... - now that's as good as the Chinese prices - QHY - RU going to get one when you are out in the states....?

John

JohnP

actually I just realized that's only £550...!!!!!!! ouch that's got to hurt Starlight Xpress....

Ian

well it would if they don't apply the usual $1=£1 + a bit exchange rate...

Interestingly though, it's still not going to be peltier cooled and suffers from some amp glow. This might help SX, Atik and so on...

mickw

Although I haven't seen any mention of DSI 3  on Meade website, only on Autostsar, they do sell a clip on fan for DSI 2, looks just like a PC fan to me and reduces temp by 9 F, if that would actually make a difference, looks like a cheap, easy build.
Also at those kind of savings, perhaps a cheap shopping trip to NY would be in order  ;)
Mick
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Fay

Practical Astronomer Sept. Issue. did not rate the DSI II as high as the Luna. Being that they are not cooled being the biggest problem.
I am assuming it is the same but with a larger chip.

Fay
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Rocket Pooch

Tony G

Is that usa office a 4 berth office with small combination toilet and shower or a 2 berth with large toilet and separate shower? :)

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Ian

how much do you get for laying 10mm of tarmac on a drive in the states?

Fay

It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Rocket Pooch

I will raise above it all!

Actually the price is $1,299 advanced orders being taken with selivery in November, thats $650 + tax for a good deep sky camera.

Not bad.

And for you info Tony the office in West Palm Beach Florida is very nice, we even have a private gym there!

Lastly its the USA it would be 4 inches of tarmack not 10mm!

Ian

4" = 10mm

So how long is 6"? It would explain the American fixation with large cars and large guns...

Rick

Umm... 4" is near enough 102mm or 10cm if you're going for round numbers... ;)

Ian

that it certainly true.

however, 10cm is not wot I rote :)

Rick