• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Cocoon Nebula from New Romney

Started by Rocket Pooch, Sep 17, 2007, 16:47:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocket Pooch

Hi,

This is the image I took when I was camping before moving onto DSC.  I will load the true size version onto my web page soon.

Chris

Ian

looks pretty good Chris. It's interesting how the background star density appears to drop around the nebula. Looking at some of the other images on the web, yours shows it really clearly.

JohnP

Pretty amazing Chris - yet another brilliant image following on from all those great images in France.. The background noise is non-existent - I can't wait to get my cooled cametra.. Like Ian says the dark nebula really shows up well - you can really understand how the Cocoon gets its name..

Expertly processed & well worth the trip to New Romney.

Cheers,  John.

Tony G

Chris,

Excellent image again,
what website do you get these from? ;)

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Jim

Fay

What a portfolio you have now, Chris, it is really lovely!!!

Fay
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Rocket Pooch

Hi All,

Thanks for the comment's (Tony honestly!), anyway the full sized image is on http://www.deep-sky-photography.com/album/index.html

I have also put the Vail bit up there as well.  I must admit I spent some time comparing the background noise between Tuesnode and New Romney and New Romney has it hands down, it's not far off the quality of sky in France.  So I'll be organising a couple of winter trips probably single nights at short notice there to get a very good very wide field Horse Head and M42 this year, oh yes they will be mine!

But Tuesnode has it down pat for company and also beer, wine and whisky (hick!)  France was great for the consistently good skies?  I suppose you can't have it all.

Frodo is not enjoying being in the house now, and he keeps wanting to run around like an idiot, he enjoyed his time away.  But he is now back in his crate at night, YES, and I can sleep with the other half.  Although she said it was odd that I asked her to wear a pair of floppy ears?

See you all soon, I'm now giving up wide field imaging till Feb and I'm going to concentrate on imaging the sun and moon now so the HX916 will be asleep for a while.  But the LX200R will be setup and used in anger for six months :-)

See ya soon.

Chris

P.S. Jim I'd like to borrow the spectragraph again if poss.

Jim

I'll bring it next thursday Chris.