• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

M13 for Fay

Started by Rocket Pooch, Aug 21, 2007, 21:28:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocket Pooch

Hi Fay,

I have some good M13 data but its going to take some time to get the best from it, here's a draft image.

chris

Fay

God, Chris, I thought I had died & gone to heaven! I am really jealous, best ever!

Fay
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Mike

Wooohh!!! That is impressive. Globular's are HARD to get right !! Well done.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

JohnP

Chris Mate - I think you have cracked it with this one - nothing short of brilliant.... :-) In fact I would even go so far to say that I think it is the best astro image that has ever graced the pages of this forum.. Like Mike said Globs are very tricky... It certainly wins the prize for image of the year (so far) - at least in my book...

You should definitely send this off to some of the glossy magazines - I'm sure it will be published..

Greatr shot & worth the trip to France just for this....

John

Fay

I agree with John, Chris. I think your images will fill the calendar next year.

A lot of images show defects as the image gets larger, but yours is large & defect free. If you know what I mean!

Fay
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Rocket Pooch

Well I do know how to use photoshop,

no only joking, its nice ain't it, and very easy to take, but a sod to process,

Thanks for the comments, I still have two to do and I don't think they will be as good as M31 and M13 because of the guiding issues at 20 deg and a mountain in the way?  But you never know?