• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

HEQ5 Weights

Started by Tony G, Aug 10, 2007, 23:06:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony G

Hi all,

Just wondered if anyone knew where I could get a 2.5kg weight for the heq5 mount.

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Mike

How about the quick release weights from Decathlon ?
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Tony G

Good thinking Batman, thanks for that. ;)

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Fay

Tony,

please let me know how you get on as I want one.

Fay
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

JohnP

So Tony, what do you need more weights for - have you upgraded your scopes or something...? John

Tony G

Hi John,

No not a new scope, but the WO66, with the Canon and the WO66 sitting, waiting to be used, I thought it about time to put the two together and start imaging with these, but like Fay I found I needed a lighter weight and so I'm not increasing, but decreasing and so I'm taking Mikes advice and venturing over to Decathlon at Lakeside to pick up some bits and pieces for me and Fay.
So beware John as no doubt I'll be pestering you about the camera, DSLRFocus or something else in the near future. ;)

Tony G

JohnP

No probs - I'll be glad to pay you back some of the favours I owe you....! John.