• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

And Coming up at the Rear, my First Guided image

Started by Fay, Aug 07, 2007, 21:44:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Fay

M27 6 x 5 mins IR & CPL filters.

Guided with modified webcam with K3CCD via WO ZS66
Imaged with SX MX 7 via ED80

It has taken years off my life  to get this far!!!!

Fay

It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

JohnP

Wow...! Fay - You got there in the end - that is a brilliant image - You should be well chuffed after all your problems. I expect nothing more than brilliant images from you from now on... I think LRGB has to be on the cards...

Great Job,  John

Fay

That is very kind of you John. Don't mention LRGB, it could be the end of me!!

Fay

Mike

Woohoo !!! Well done Fay. Seriously that is a great image that any astrophotographer would be pleased with. I look forward to many more great images :)
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Tony G

:D Well done Fay,
Its nice to finally see images like this from you, its been a long time waiting.
Well done again and hope to see more guided images now.

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Fay

Thanks a lot, Mike & Tony.

All this is not for learning by the faint hearted. It's a heavy trail & the enjoyment is often lost when being travelled, but i think the rewards are yet to come.

If you are enjoying taking images with your webcam & Canon's etc, think carefully before embarking on the autoguiding journey & be prepared, unless you are techically adept.

Fay

Mike

As Paul and yourself are finding out, Guiding is a tricky beast to get to grips with at first. A lot of it is trial and error. However, once you have grasped it there is a sort of "Eureka" moment and from then on it is pretty much plain sailing. 'Practise practise practise' is what you need to learn what you can or can't do with your kit, what settings are best, what viewing conditions affect the guiding, etc.

Anyway, you've started on your first steps into the serious side of astrophotography and your persistance has so far paid off. Keep up the enthusiasm and I am sure you will have a fantastic portfolio of images in a few years time to be proud of.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Fay

Thankyou Mike, that was very encouraging.

Fay

Rocket Pooch

Gosh  :o you have done it!  Well done, just keep at it and it will become second nature, honest.

Nice picture if you fiddle with it you can see the ears on the nebula.

Fay

Thanks, Chris, I'm really glad you like it.

Fay

Ian

very nice Fay. As the others said, LRGB here you come... ;)

Whitters

Fantastic image Fay, you should be rightly proud of it.

Fay

Thanks a ot, Ian & Paul. I hope there are a nice lot of nebulae to come now.

Fay