• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

NGC6888 in Ha Inversed to show some tight doubles

Started by Rocket Pooch, Jul 30, 2007, 11:38:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocket Pooch

Hi,

I did 5x15 minutes exposure of NGC6888 last night, the image needs processing later this week with the other subs I have taken, and may take.  But just lookk how many stars there are and how many tight doubles.

Chris

Low res version

Fay

Chris,

it is going to be such a good image. Can't wait to see it, even though I wish it was mine!!

Fay
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

JohnP

Chris - Amazing... & even more amazing considering it was a full moon - The stars are so 'tight' for 15min subs... yikes..! you must really have your guiding sorted..

Like Fay - can't wait for finished image & hopefully some colour as well....

Great shot - John

Rocket Pooch

I need two more clear nights for the OIII and SII to get the set and also the skill to re-align the camera, but I'll have a go.  you never know it might be clear night.

I did find a trick with the HX916, if you cool it for 2 hours before you use it, the thing works better, I might keep it in the freezer in future :-)

Mike

Nice image Chris. Looking forward to the finished result.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan