• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

M51-LRGB

Started by Rocket Pooch, May 03, 2007, 19:57:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocket Pooch

Hi,

One day I'll work out how to colour balance things well, anyway, I'm giving up for now, here's amd LRGB of M51.

Tony G

Hi Chris,
Brilliant image, something I would be mighty proud to say was mine, but alas not at present.
:cry:

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Rocket Pooch

Cheers for the comment Tony, I must admit I need to work on the colour balance a bit, when I took the Image the Green is very very strong, whcich is a feature of my camera and I need to balance the colour correctly.

But I'll try again.

The interesting thing for me was I used no light pollution filters for the RGB part and I worked out how to get rid of the gradient etc, something I never thought would be possible from my house, I will not be able to do colour dim targets but bight targets are a possibility.

Chris

Fay

As Tony, says, Chris, I would be very happy with that image. At least you can go back to it & experment with the colours.
I was looking at images from other astro societies & the one's from our club far outshine them, because we have imagers like you.

ps good job I edited this mail as I had put Tony's name as Tonto!!!!!

Hi Ho Silver!!  (for those that remember)

Fay
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!