• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Forum moved!!!

Started by Rick, May 02, 2007, 20:50:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick

We're going to try to move the forum into the new OAS webspace...

Ok. That was a miserable failure! Maybe we'll have another go at the weekend. The trouble is we're way too prolific here. We talk far too much, and our forum database is just too big...

We hit a limit on the number of rows we can insert in an hour, and then we met a brick wall.

Another time... Maybe the weekend...

Tony G

Bloody Builders!!!!!!
They can't build a new venue/centre for us at High Elms, but they can build brick walls anywhere nowdays?
:lol:

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Rick

Ok. I think I have found a way to get round the restrictions in a way that's reliable and repeatable when the Moon's  above Saturn and the skies are grey...

So one morning this weekend, if I wake up at a suitably early hour, I'm going to have another go at shifting the forum.

Things will look a little different afterwards, but I hope they'll work at least as well, and maybe a bit better...

Rick

Ok. The forum has moved into the OAS's own webspace!

Many thanks to Mike for hosting the forum in his own space for the last few years.

Hopefully...

• You should still have the same user ID and password here.
  • It will still let you see the same sections of the forum as before.

If things on this forum don't work for you, then please contact Ian or me, and we'll try to straighten things out.

Ian

and I'd like to add a massive thanks to Rick for the work he's put in over the last couple of months preparing and migrating the OAS website. The effort that Rick has put in has been largely invisible, but the testament to this hard work is that the only thing anyone's really noticed is that things look a slightly different.

Fantastic mate.

Ian

Tony G

Totally agree.

Well done to everyone involved (especially Rick) in the smooth transfer of the forum, and may it get easier for you from now on.

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson