• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

First Light SX M57(don,t get too excited)

Started by Fay, May 02, 2007, 13:26:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Fay

Had to think twice when I saw Paul's.
M57 SX MX7 - 15 x 20 secs 10x 20 sec darks - Full Moon
Captured & stacked in Astroart, converted to tiff for Photohop.

Was trying to work out guiding, but did not quite get there so did this quickie.

Fay

It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Fay

Only took about 8 months!

JohnP

Hi Fay,

Congratulations on your first light... you must be chuffed - Both Chris & I know how much learning & heartache you have put into getting this image - well done..

My only comments are the background is a little too light & it seems quite noisy - I guess full moon & only 15 frames didn't help.... Also, I think you have reduced frame size again - can't you upload the full size image..? If not please email to me - I'd be interested in taking a look at it.

Finally congrats on getting rid of all those bunnies.. looks like you have got rid of all that dust....

Cheers,  John

Tony G

Hi Fay,
Well done, and what do you mean don't get excited, this now means that you know the means of operating the camera to get this image and so it can only get better from now, that exciting enough. :wink:

Good luck.

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Fay

Thank you, John & Tony.

It looked better on the laptop, I will post the laptop to you, John!

It is not that good, just an afterthought on the night.

Fay

JohnP

QuoteI will post the laptop to you, John!

Thks a lot Fay - I need a new laptop especially one with a nice screen like yours....

I look forward to receiving it - I hope it doesn't get damaged in the post.... :-)

John

Rocket Pooch

well done fay that looks good to me nice tight stars and the ring is visible, what next then?

Fay

A cleaner  image, helped by John.

Thanks Chris. I will be in touch with you to ask what I have wrong in my AA regarding the webcam. Perhaps something downloaded into the wrong position or something I have omitted. Then perhaps I can move forward with autoguiding.

Thanks,

Fay