• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Forum Astrophotography 2003, then Back to the Future........

Started by Fay, Apr 04, 2007, 08:01:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Fay

What a journey all you imagers have come on since 2003!

It was really interesting to read about your individual journey's, long before I joined, & what a long way you have all come.
New webcams, timing images between the lights going on & off, discussions about new equipment & methods that have come & gone.

An interesting read.

Fay
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Whitters

Fay, you got me reminiscing, and looking over old posts. It is a shame that we have lost images, I guess because folks have moved IP hosts. It is even more a reason to submit your images to the forum, or maybe if we could have a general dumping ground on the new society hosting domain to put copies of the images for the forum and point to those images in our posts. I'm sure it would be helpful to those starting out to see how imagers improve over the years.

Rocket Pooch

Personally I'm looking forward to going back to high res planetary imaging and also doing some science for the next year or two, 2003 was 1 year before I started doing anything and my highlights are the following: -

1st DSC seeing Paul pulling galaxies on his laptop screen

Borrowing the etx 125 and taking my best jupiter at -5 with Karen calling me mad

Ian's 1st image processing demo at OAS, that got me hooked

Mike and I suffering complete sleep deprevation due to GEOFF at the transit of venus and imaging the Ring nebula through the LX90 (never should have got rid of that scope)

John's £100 web cam, what a bargain!

Bambie, oh Bambie!

4 Men 1 Plastic sheet and a fire, nothing to do with imaging but?

etc.....

Ian

those were the days. I had a go at Saturn last night, just like old times...

I thought it was interesting the comment Nik made at the meeting, we have alot of imagers in out membership. I guess the foundations we put down a few years ago have really shown some dividend.

Rocket Pooch