• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Meteor crator

Started by Rocket Pooch, Jan 05, 2007, 08:33:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocket Pooch

Hi,

John gave my a link of somw software to stitch together a big panorama for me: -

Fay

Chris,

That is such a good picture. I can see I missed something special when we were there last year.

Fay
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

JohnP

In case anyone else wants to make panorama's link is as follows:

http://www.cs.ubc.ca/~mbrown/autostitch/autostitch.html

Excellent image by the way Chris - My only comment as you already know is I would have pushed the guy standing in front over the edge before taking the picture...  :lol:

I think you should be able to use S/W for Astro images as well such as large mosaics of the moon etc....

Cheers,  John

Fay

I thought that was Chris sitting on the edge.

If it isn't, then I agree with you, John, Chris should have pushed him in!

Fay
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Delphine

I don't agree - I think it adds some kind of focal point to the picture.  Pity he is obscuring some of the buildings at the bottom though.

Mike

Hang on...... I recognise that hat !!
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Rocket Pooch

well its not me in the picture, it was Edwardo our somewhat gay guide!

Tony G

Quoteit was Edwardo our somewhat gay guide!

Chris,
how can you tell if he's happy he has his back to us?  :)

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

JohnP

Delphine.....

QuoteI don't agree - I think it adds some kind of focal point to the picture

I could understand your point of view if it was some kind of a wild animal or tree or something similar but not a man in a dodgy green coat & orange hat with a name like Edwardo & smile on his face...

Anyway - as I said before it's a great picture & even more spectacular if you think about how the crater was created...

John