• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Problems with my camera

Started by Tony G, Dec 20, 2006, 16:39:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony G

Hi all,
just wondered if anyone can help? I have a Canon Powershot and since yesterday when i tried to take some photos i had a problem that i could see clearly the image i was taking through the LCD screen but when the image was shown after the photo was taken it seemed to be very over exposed and lines running through it and this happens on all photos taken now. :cry:

PLEASE HELP!!!!! any suggestions

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Fay

Sorry, Tony, don't know what that could be. Perhaps you have put it on the wrong setting somewhere.

Fay
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

JohnP

Hi Tony,

Like Fay I dunno that particular camera.. Where has it been since you last used it - I'm hoping it wasn't in all that rain at the last DSC. A few suggestions though...

1. Have you actually downloaded the images to your PC..? Have they got the same problem you talk about when you have downloaded them.
2. Obviously check all camera settings - full auto etc. Perhaps try changing resolution/ speed etc. & see if you still have problems. Change from Jpeg to bmp or raw mode (if you can).
3. Have you tried taking battery out for 10mins or so (full reset).
4. Failing all the above I can only suggest contacting canon support centre.

Sorry mate & good luck,

John

Tony G

Hi John,
tried all the above but to no avail, :(  I try the shop where i purchased it and then try Canon.

Thanks for the advice

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

JohnP

Hi Tony, Any joy with camera yet? John

Tony G

Hi John,
Haven't heard anything yet, Paul recommended a photography shop in Eltham which is where I put it last Friday, cost me £30 just to put it in for them to look at it, I hope they actually do something and not literally just look at it, so hope to hear in the new year whether its a major or minor repair.
Anyway thanks for asking John.
And Happy New Year to everyone.

Tony G