• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

DSLR part of problem solved?

Started by Fay, Sep 22, 2006, 10:12:34

Previous topic - Next topic

Fay

I signed on to the DSLR forum & have had various answers back regarding my DSLR not working. I have tried various things all week as I only wanted computer hard drive wiped as a last resort.

After many messages, so many that I was confused who I was answering or not, a chap sent a mail saying that he had my error code come up, & could not get the program to work. He found out that the program would not work if opened with the short cut on the desktop, only when opened from Windows Explorer.
I tried this & sure enough all details came up, the shutter will fire with short exposures & original connecton cable. The only problem I can now see is that, all the settings come up now with long exposure cable connected, but the shutter will not fire. I have tried using different usb connections but have not got this bit sorted. This happened, Chris, the other week. I think that you switched the lx cable around, can't remember.

As I have had a lot of problems with K3ccd, it took 2 1/2 hours the other night before it finally clicked in & I did M103 & M11, I tried opening this from Windows Explorer & don't know if it is a fluke, as not enough time has elapsed to do proper testing, but it came up straight away, last night,  I am hoping it happens next time. You know how you get excited only to have it all dashed at next imaging time.

So, if Chris, Mike or John have another idea to get the long exposure shutter going, my problems could be over. I won't count my chickens just yet.

Great laser!

Fay
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Anonymous

Good news - sounds like you might be getting somewhere at long last... I really hope you can get it sorted so you can concentrate on imaging...

Anyway - Stupid question - but I assume you have the correct port set up under Bulb Exposure Setup/ Port setup...  Also do you press Test Port when you select the Com Port.. This normally is a quick test if it is working or not. I have also found that it is best not to turn the camera on until after DSLR is started..

I was looking at K3 version 3 uprade myself the other week & I think it has LX control for DSLR's incorporated now so as a quick test you could try controlling through K3 to see if it a software issue... I don't know how to do this though...

Good luck & hopefully see some beautiful Deep Sky images from you over the weekend :-)

John