• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Drift alignment...

Started by JohnP, Jul 06, 2006, 16:35:47

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnP

This looks like it could be a nifty piece of software to help with Drift Alignment.... Costs about $15 but might be worth it......

http://www.andysshotglass.com/StarTarg.html

Cheers,  John

Mike

Certainly looks like an interesting concept. Are you going to get it John?
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Rocket Pooch

I actually gave up with K3's drift alignment method the other day and did it manually, it was quicker and probably as accurate but it worked.

I found that drift aligning is like polar aligning you just need to do it and see where you get it wrong.

Having said that there both the same anyway, so what do I know.

Mike

I have come across a technique called iterative alignment using the GoTo. I have yet to try it out and unfortunately the next 2 weekends I am away. The next chance I get I will give it a go and let you know what the results where. if it works I will post up a set of instructions.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan