• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Bye Bye Wavelette

Started by Anonymous, Jun 13, 2006, 09:39:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Hi,

If you are into Registax and like me you get fedup with the noise you get from the images have a look at this.

http://www.digital-flight.com/thebigeye/HP_Filtering/goodbye%20wavelets.htm

Chris

Anonymous

Hi Chris,

Looks interesting - I haven't got any lunar avi's on my laptop to try it on but I did give it a go with one of my recent Jupiter images & it certainly seemed to work... I need to play with it more though..

Cheers & a good link - John

Mike

That's pretty awesome. If you guys use it can you do some before and after imaegs so we can see the results please. If I ever manage to get a 25th hour out of the day to get some spare time i'll have a go at some lunar imaging myself.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Anonymous

Well I've given it a try on this: -

See if you can guess which is which?

Anonymous

This was an image I could not do any more wiht the wavelette in Registax, both images have been processed hard in Registax with the lowe also using the High Pass Filter

Mike

Having problems logging in Chris?
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Rocket Pooch