• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

modifying a webcam

Started by Tony G, Apr 10, 2006, 23:17:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony G

Didn't know if this should be posted here or in the techical section (thinking about it it should go in the techical section),but i've started so i'll finish, in 'The Sky at Night' magazine next month I believe it has a step by step guide on how to modify your webcam to take better images, if anyone was interested (watch out John, we too can have images like yours soon :wink: ).

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

JohnP

Great... It'll be interesting to see which webcam they use - Probably the latest Philips 9000N? (or somethink like that) - I'd be suprised if they publish all the steps it would be more suited for an electronics mag not an astronomy mag but we will see.

Cheers,  John.

PS - Tony - If you want to give it a try I can always lend a hand.

Rick

The trick with these modifications does seem to be in the fine detail, so I guess they could put the step-by-step stuff on the CD.

(Yeah, moved to "Technical"... No, on second thoughts...)

Tony G

My apologies on the spelling of Techical, I mean Technical.

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Mike

Tony - Top right of your post is an EDIT button. It allows you to go back in and correct any errors.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan