• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

An Early Ring....

Started by JohnP, Apr 10, 2006, 12:06:46

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnP

OK - have to put this up for a laugh... I was just finishing up imaging on Sunday morning & couldn't believe Vega was already quite high - so I just did a Goto to M57 & there it was... This image is literally 3 x 15 sec exposures with the SC3 because I just didn't believe it was there - when I think back to all the grief (hours....) I spent trying to image this using my PushTo scope and standard Toucam - In fact I spent a whole night at one of of the DSC's trying to get this & failed.... I just love the goto & SC3.

I look forward to trying this again when it's a bit more favourable - probably with a X3 barlow & Ha filter... :-)

Cheers,  John

Rocket Pooch

come on John, you could have got it in the middle of the frame  :D

Thats web cam of you're surely works well.

Mike

I have to say I am very impressed with the images from the SC3 so far. They are noisy, but bloody good - Any plans to cool it ?
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

JohnP

Hi Chris, Mike,

Thks for the comments....

I'm really pleased with the SC3 - when I modified the Toucam I did it in a way which will hopefully make Peltier cooling not too difficult so maybe in the future (warm summer months) it might be a project. Top of the list at the moment is to get guiding sorted - hopefully won't be too long but means I'll have to mod another toucam as a guide cam..

Thks,  John

Tony G

Hi John.
Great images, especially the comet, the imaging is getting better all the time.
I'd be pleased just to see some of the things you've imaged, but it would mean converting my house into a bungalow.
Keep up the good work.

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

JohnP

Cheers Tony ... my 'longish' garden does help with clearing the roof. I have reasonable views to the SE, S & SW - the N, NE, NW & due E&W is not that good (especially low down...) I'm sure regardless of your viewing there must but a 1000 things to image & look at.. The comet was actually very easy - I just typed the coordinates into my Autostar hand controller pressed goto & there it was - It's currently not too far from Arcturus so if you can see South you should stand a good chance of getting it..

John