• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

NGC 3628 in Leo

Started by JohnP, Mar 03, 2006, 10:30:13

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnP

Hi All,

Attached another image from the other night. This is a galaxy NGC 3628 in Leo. I'm not particularly happy with the result (I think I can do a lot better & will give it a try again) - I had to push it quite hard when processing it. Image was taken with Toucam SC3 at prime on my MN56 & represents sum of 100 X 15 sec images.

Mike/ Chris - This is a great galaxy & there are some great images of it on the Internet - I think you could both really do it justice with your equipment/ setup - give it a try next time you are out...

Cheers,  John

Tony G

John
Nice image which I would be pleased to capture myself. Its always a  learning curve when you start with new equipment (modified Toucam) but keep up the good work because amateurs like me only learn off people like you and alikes.

All the best,

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

JohnP

Cheers Tony - I can certainly say that Deep Sky Imaging is a steep learning curve - It's a lot trickier than the planetary stuff....

John

Mike

Excellent image John ! Well done. I will definately give that one a go.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Fay

John,

That one is even better!

Fay
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!