• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Monthly Meetings

Started by Tony G, Nov 25, 2005, 13:24:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony G

Hi everyone
Just wondered if was possible for someone to remind me that the meetings are held on the fourth Thursday of the month and not the last Thursday. I know most of the time the fourth Thursday is usually the last, but on the two occassions this year there has been a fifth i have missed the meeting and having the meeting date and time on the home page does not seem to sink in  :oops: . Ian or Rick is it possible that the day before the monthly meeting that the home page can have big flashing lights and loud music (like Tomorrow! Tomorrow! from Annie) when you log onto the home page just as a reminder that a meeting is the next day.  :D
Thank you

Tony G

P S can anyone let me know of any points of interest from last nights meeting.  Thanks
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Mike

Tony, you didn't miss anything anyway, we just had some strippers in instead of a speaker and coffee break was replaced with beer break. The winner of the raffle got two weeks locked in a hotel room with Angelina Jolie.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Tony G

Mike,
they weren't male stripper were they? :o
and locked in a room for two weeks with her would be boring because it means she couldn't get out to get me my ciders and keeeeebabs.
anyway i think she would get the hump when she see me in my Wendy Richards PJ's.

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Rick

Ummm... I suppose flashing things might be possible...

...but yesterday was the last Thursday in November. Next Thursday is December 1st. ;)

JohnP

Tony,  Beer was good & believe it or not I won the raffle ( I think it's the first time I've ever won anything in my life).. Don't remember seeing Angelina Jolie though... :cry: but I did end up with a rather nice book on Mars... :D

John.

PS - You weren't serious about the Cider & Kebabs.....?

Tony G

hello again,
Rick my apologies you are right, :oops:  see even more reason to have those flashing lights and loud music.
John, no i wasn't serious about the cider and kebab, i would get them on room service, but i was serious about the pyjamas.

Tony G

PS John, you could get AJ to read you the book when you've finished :wink: