• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Moon & Mars (again....!)

Started by JohnP, Nov 14, 2005, 10:13:16

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnP

Hi All - Popped out last night for an hour or so to have a look at the moon (shame it was almost full) - Anyway took a few quick images using my MN56, ToUcam & X3 barlow..

The first is of the SW corner of the moon - it shows Crater Schickard (large one) & triple grouping of Phocylides, Wargentin & Nasmyth - Schickard is about 130 miles long - some of the smaller features in this image are only about 6-8 miles long... The views of the moon through the eyepiece were stunning...

Second image is of Mars again - it wasn't far from the near full moon so I wasn't expecting much - it actually came out better than I expected...

Cheers,  John

Rocket Pooch

quite cool John, I like the moon, but then again its my second favorit thing to look at.  Have you collimated you're scope yet?

JohnP

No not yet.... I know it's not far off though.. I keep toying with the idea of moving the primary forward half an inch so I can get the EOS to focus at prime - so it's not worth spending too long aligning all the optics until I've done that - I just need to pluck up the courage to move it..

Cheers,  John

Anonymous

you should do it now, then the images will be 50% better.....

Anonymous