• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Mars from Bromley

Started by JohnP, Nov 10, 2005, 16:39:54

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnP

Managed to get out for a few hours last night. Below is image of Mars taken with MN56 + ToUcam & X3 Barlow - 400 frames stacked & processed. Although seeing was quite good it was unstable - Mars was changing shape all the time on laptop screen - This was about the best I could do. Not as good as DSC image & no where near as good as Chris's but not bad for a 5-inch scope..

Cheers,  John.

Tony G

Nice image John,
the next time we meet I'll have to ask you about photography with the toucam, that is if you don't mind, because at the moment I just don't know where to start.(i suppose a toucam and a laptop should be first,this means fighting the two daughters and getting them off MSN chat)

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

JohnP

HiYa Tony,

Thks for the comments. Yes no problem - I'd be happy to help you out. All you need is Laptop, K3CCDTools (freeware), Registax (freeware), ToUcam + 1 1/4 inch adapter - then install the ToUcam drivers on the laptop & you'll be all set to go. Initial target is the moon - you'll be amazed the 1st time you see this 'live' on your laptop...

Cheers,  John

Tony G

Hope to see you on Saturday John at the Mars night at High Elms.
Thats if you are going.
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Rocket Pooch

yes well done john, esspecially for a 5" scope, can you map the details, I'm curious?

JohnP

The things I do...... These are the main features.. I hadn't realized but you can just about make out Olympus Mons..... cool...

Cheers,  John

Mike

Excellent image John. Well done!
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan