• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

John P Gets picture in print

Started by Whitters, Oct 22, 2005, 07:44:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Whitters

Congratulations to John Punnet for getting his image of M42 in Anton Vamplew's new book "Simple Stargazing"

Mike

Wow !! Well done! How did you manage that one John ?

Is that the widefield one that included Orion or is this one you haven't posted up to the forum?
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

JohnP

Hi Paul, Mike - Thanks - The image that is in the book is one of the first I took with my EOS-300D. I actually took it round Chris's house through his ED-80 (piggybacked on the LX90) so he would probably claim part ownership ...sorry Chris no name mention.... :-) It all came about because Greg saw the picture on the forum & obviously has some links with Anton/ the new book - he asked if they could use it (that was about 8 months ago) - Greg skillfully applied some of his post-processing skills to bring out the detail. It's kinda cool having your name published even though there is no financial benefit/ commission of any kind - I even had to buy the book myself...

The image used is as shown below - if you want to see Greg's version I'll bring the book to the next meet or DSC. I want to add also that Paul has one of his pictures of the moon published in the book as well....! Well done Paul!

Cheers,  John.

Mike

Excellent! Well done John and Paul. You should bring the book along on Thursday so we can have a look.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan