• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

The Eclipse from Bromley

Started by JohnP, Oct 03, 2005, 13:09:29

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnP

Hi All,

Guess I had the same idea as Mike - I didn't bother getting all the kit out but just held some Baader solar film in front of my EOS300D with 135mm lens - most exposures around the 1/2000 sec at F10 - all hand held. Not the best images but worth the effort... The only mistake I made was not deciding to do it until Eclipse was just past max...... oh well!

Cheers,  John.

Mike

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

JohnP

Cheers Mike - I was suprised at how well the images came out - Digital SLR's are great...

Mike

Yeah, If I could manage to get a decent focus on mine whilst trying to do DSO's I would give it a go as they give a nice wide field. I have seen some fantastic images done with the Canon's on the UKAI website. They look like they have been done with high end astro CCD's.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

psg_dragon